Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Finally Published

I received an email yesterday that my book is available for sale on the publisher's web site. A quick check confirmed it. I am told it will be another 30 to 45 days before it's available on Amazon and other book seller's sites. I submitted my manuscript to the publisher on Augusts 1. It took a month of diddling with publisher's representatives before they said they were ready to begin work. That actually gave me the opportunity to submit a slightly updated version on Sept. 1. So it took only 28 days once they started work. Actually, it was less than  that as I don't think they started when they said they would. The cover design came first and was great so no corrections were needed. The galley arrived in about two weeks. There were both author and publisher corrections to make. It took me a couple of days to return the paperwork for corrections and a phone call but then the corrected galley was returned in about two days. This version was ok and I approved it. All the other paper work like pricing agreements was simple and quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers