Search This Blog

Monday, October 5, 2009

Double Check Your Social Media Sites

Per all the advice I read I signed up for Facebook. Neat site and I connected with several high school friends I hadn't seen in years. However, I wasn't very careful to check all the details. My son, younger and more savy about such things informed me last night that my facebook profile could only be seen by those signed up as friends. Not very useful as a marketing tool. I had made the mistake of assuming the profile was public and didn't check. Apparently Facebook's default is for privacy, which is a good policy, but not obvious to novices like me. So, the lesson I learned is that it is necessary to double check all the settings on these social network sites. They may not be doing what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers