Search This Blog

Friday, October 16, 2009

Start Book Marketing Early

I recently read a piece advising authors to begin their book marketing campaign a year ahead of their expected publication date. At the time I thought this was way too early. But upon more reflection, and working on marketing of my book, it's beginning to look like good advice. I expected to work an hour or two a day on marketing. It's turning out that it takes more because I didn't do enough preparatory work ahead of the publication date. Too late now for me but if you are planning on marketing via the web I also recommend that you start months ahead of publication rather than weeks like I did. I also came across a site with good advice on web marketing that I'll share here. It's by Maureen Hume and the site is http://blog.marketingtipsforauthors.com/2009/10/easy-affordable-marketing-by-maureen.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers