Search This Blog

Friday, October 2, 2009

Organizing Web Stuff

I have seen a number of suggestions for organizing links, subscribing, etc in order to manage the stuff it is necessary to follow and update when trying to market via the web. I am finding that is more difficult than the suggesters indicate. At first I thought I would be good to use Yahoo as it looked to me like Yahoo kept things on a common page whereas Google has a great page called IGoogle and another for subscriptions called Google Reader. I messed around a bit with Yahoo but didn't get very far. I actually gave up because the Yahoo portfolio manager just isn't as easy to use as Google's. I have now settled on Google. First, because I like Google calender and Google's financial portfolio follower. I use a IPOD Touch and it syncs calender only with Microsoft Outlook (and only the new version of Outlook). Fortunately Google calender and Outlook cross sync automatically (once you set that up). After some fussing around I have managed to bring the blogs I follow and the comments on my personal blogs into Google reader. Now that I have an acceptable process I'll see how it works for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers